Sunday, September 15, 2013

Faith

Faith. Dictionary meaning: (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust. 
Faith, a simple word. Your devotion, belief in something. It's so easy for us to find faith in lifeless statues of so called gods and deities, to put out whole trust and believe that in cause of trouble or desires, we join our hands and pray that's god helps us. I don't get it, if you yourself don't help yourself, how is god or anybody supposed to help you?  It's true when they say that 'God helps those who help themselves.' 
Can anybody really stand up right now, in this instant, at this moment with full confidence say that there is a god is that big blue sky. The most powerful man, who rules anything and everything that we know of, who is the ruler of this universe, the mightiest of all, the kindest, faultless, perfect person who the world ever knows of? Can you? Yes you! Can you really? Have you physically seen this person? Talked to him? Touched him? 
I know for a fact that nobody has and whoever claims he has is saying gibberish and we all are aware of it. 
God, religion, customs. All of this is made by man alone, for he lacks the self confidence to believe in himself, to have faith and to seek his inner god. I think everyone is born perfect, just like a god. But this errs, decisions, choices in his life make him human. 
Trust me, I know how hard it is to have that self confidence in oneself when your life's results have repeatedly disappointed you, life's failures, un-justness, accidents- all of these events in one life hampers faith in yourself. For example- I just have given my IIT preparations exams- like a mock test. Trust me, I've not studied this hard since for like forever. Throughout my schools days I'm used to studying late minutes and getting my marks, but for once in a long time I studied, and guess what? I got such low marks that my life pride and confidence was shattered. My ego was hurt and all I would do is secretly bawl my eyes out. Demeaning myself by putting myself down by calling myself  a failure, a loser. Harsh? Yes. But at that time, I did not have anybody else to blame but myself. My parents did not pressurize me at all, instead they were giving excuses on my behalf to make me feel better. I know, my parents are awesome but at the end of the day, it's still hurts. To build up that confidence is the hardest part of the process. To have faith, to believe in myself. Gradually I've accepted that I may not be the brightest of the lot, and I need to put in way more efforts than my fellow classmates, to change my pattern of studying. But hey, I promise you I'm getting there, to the day I'll feel proud of myself, of my marks and win back my confidence. I promise you, I do my best and give it my all. That's all that matters. It's just a bad day, not a bad life. So I'm going to pick myself right up, dust out the negativity and work harder. I know this 'god' will have to give me my much earned fruits now or later. That's not the point though, the point is to have faith, believe that good things will happen to you and remember to always help yourself and not depend on anybody else. At the end of it, it's your life. So have faith my friends, not in god, but in your inner goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment